Side Effects plot hole (SPOILERS)

ericb
Just watched this one. Correct me if I'm wrong (I do not know a lot about the law) but if Rooney Mara incriminates Catherine Zeta Jones by wearing a wire and recording their conversation, isn't she incriminating herself too? She doesn't get arrested at the end of the film, WTF is that? She basically just told the cops "yea this old bitch and I are lovers and have been scheming to kill my rich ass husband this whole time." The only explanation I can think of is double jeopardy, but why isn't that explained at the end of the film then? Bad ending to what should have been a good movie.