Speed Huge Plotholes

Jjamele
After the bus has blown up, the police focus on capturing the villain by pretending to go along with his plan.

1.  Obviously, some time has past since the bus has exploded, and the villain hasn't been in contact with the former passengers for a while.  How could he think the bus was still rolling?

2.  WHY WHY WHY would the police dump REAL MONEY into the crash can for the villain to pick up?  What possible reason could there be for using REAL MONEY?  The plan is to catch the bad guy when he picks up the parcel.  He can't know the money is fake (or there is anything in the parcel at all) until he arrives to pick it up- and that's when he's supposed to be captured.  Instead, the stupid cops use real money and he almost gets away with it....

Re: Speed Huge Plotholes

Momo
What about the nuclear sized mushroom cloud over LAX after the bus explodes. You'd think the media standing on the other size of the chainlink fence would have seen and reported that.

Re: Speed Huge Plotholes

jjamele
We also saw the media using helicopters to cover the story.  So we are supposed to believe that they simply stopped covering the biggest story of the day, to which they had been riveted since morning, and that absolutely nobody on tv or radio was told about the massive explosion of a jumbo jet at LAX....

not to mention the thousands of eyewitnesses to the explosion.....

....oh and btw, why wasn't a barrier set up to 'catch' the bus as soon as the last passengers were off?  The plan was to get everyone off and then let the bus cruise randomly around the airport until it's speed dropped below 50?  It might have slammed into a gate, killing far more people than were on the bus.  As it turns out, the explosion caused millions of dollars in damage needlessly...just stupid.

Re: Speed Huge Plotholes

magnolia
Good point. I always wondered how this story would have played out had the bus crashed into a passenger jet instead of a cargo plane. Actually, why were there still planes taxiing, taking off and landing the entire time? I know this was before 9/11, but would airplane movements really continue when there's an explosive bus circling the tarmac? Especially if the plan was to get everybody off the bus and then just have it driving around on its own...wouldn't the entire airport be evacuated? Most of the objects that bus could have hit would have resulted in more casualties than the number of people that were on the bus to begin with...