Why is there no comments section?

The_Baller
I love this site! great posts, observations and plot-holes! But why no comments sections under the movies? It's a shame because there could be some great movie debates going on but with no comments section, it leave no room for debates.

Re: Why is there no comments section?

MoviePlotHoles
Administrator
The initial plan was to get all discussions into the message board.

I agree that a ''comment section'' is a good idea in theory - and if we see a little more interest we might perhaps make all pages with a comment section in 2014. I'm going to change the weekly poll on this shortly.

However, our original fear was based on the emails we receive every week - we got hundreds of emails so far of people so mad about us trying to find plot holes in their favorite movies that we fear the comment section will just turn into a big war.

But now things have calmed down. Perhaps it's time.
Arrogant douche-bag who controls the message board with an iron fist and a bag of Cheetos.

Re: Why is there no comments section?

Manni
Go to YouTube, click on any video. then go to the comments section. Do the same with any news article. Come back when you find one where the conversation doesn't veer horribly off-topic, where it doesn't inevitably morph into politics or religion or comparisons to Nazis, and where people can be moderately civil.

That's why I cast my vote against comments. I don't see what anyone would have to gain except another outlet for mindless ranting.

Re: Why is there no comments section?

The_Baller
The mission of your site is conversational in of itself, so you are 100% guaranteed to have people who will disagree with you. If you can get people so impassioned that they can't wait to come to this site to discuss a bad movie or a horrible plot hole, then you have done your job.

The point of a comments section is to discuss the subject or argument presented to the users of your site and to build a community.  I mean if your not going to put a comments sections under your posts then what is really the point of the site if don't want to build a community?

Re: Why is there no comments section?

bell-x1
I agree with Manni. Are you seriously implying there can be no point to a film-related website if you "don't want to build a community"? Why does everybody have to be able to comment on everything in order for a website to be worth its while?